The New York International Fringe Festival, you pretty multi-arts festival you! Thou art so wonderful, entertaining, and bursting with talent and creativity, let me count the ways (in no particular order):
1) You’ve been around for 16 years, and like a fine wine, are maturing with age.
2) You are supportive! More than 200 theatre companies from NY and all over the world are invited to be with you every year, giving them a chance for their big break.
3) You like variety: comedy, performance art, vaudeville, satire, drama, poetry, puppetry…the list goes on. There’s something for everyone!
4) Fringey, you will present 1200 performances in two weeks (16 days to be precise). That’s 75 performances a day. No wonder you call yourself “the largest multi-arts festival in North America.”
5) You call Downtown Manhattan your home and reside in Off- and Off-Off-Broadway theaters…that’s what I call keeping it real.
Happy Anniversary and break a leg!
For more information on this and other great NYC events visit hangalong.com